Your VEIV MRes Dissertation is due at the end of month 11 of the programme. To continue on the EngD you must obtain a Passing grade in both the dissertation and for the overall MRes.
Your dissertation should:
- be approximately 10,000-12,000 words in length
- be comprised of a description of a discrete masters-level project
- outline motivatations for approaching the problem
- provide give a critical literature review that informs the proposal
- highlight the technical state-of-the-art in the area of the proposal
There is no oral examination (viva) required alongside the MRes Dissertation.
Two markers will independantly assess the dissertation using the MRes VEIV Individual Project Marks Sheet.