Awarded VEIV EngD
My research area concerns the development of more realistic methods of character animation using layered models. Current investigations are being made into the possibility of a 5 layer model suitable for both straightforward editing by artists and then conversion into a realtime responsive 3D model for use in a game or animation.
- Rigid Skeleton. Support & Motion Reference
- Soft Muscle Layer. Deformation Based Upon Both External Forces & Kinematic/Dynamic State of Model
- Soft Fat Layer. Deformation Based Upon Both External Forces & Kinematic/Dynamic State of Model
- Soft Skin Layer. Visual Representation Layer
- Fur/Hair/Clothing. External Visual Representation Layers